SpywareBlaster, a free prevention software that protects against installation of various Malware and other potentially unwanted software is updated to version 4.2. This freeware works by protecting major web browsers like Internet Explorer and Firefox. According to the author, this release provides enhanced protection, performance, and bug fixes. The version 4.2 runs on Windows versions from Windows 98 to Windows 7.
It’s a pity it doesn’t support Opera and Chrome browsers.
- -Windows 7 support
- -Internet Explorer 8 support
- -K-Meleon support
- -Faster, secure updating worldwide
- -Automatic program version upgrade support (for AutoUpdate users)
- -Interface improvements
- -Displays dates and other information in local format
- -Enhanced support for Flock 2.x
- -Better support for upgrading in the installer – now does more to help ensure that previous versions are removed when installing “over the top”
- -Significantly faster “Disable All Protection” operation
- -Fixed “window doesn’t display” on some PCs
- -Fixed recurring “run from Admin account” error
- -Fixed problems detecting some Firefox (and other Gecko-based browser) profiles
- -Fixed crash enabling AutoUpdate on Windows Vista if the Task Scheduler service is disabled
- -Implemented requested “Find Unprotected” right-click feature for the Block Lists
- -Many additional small bug fixes, tweaks, and optimizations
The latest version of SpywareBlaster is available from the Official Javacool Software Website.